Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Simplicity and Stress Reduction - Gaining Momentum

This week I have made some major decisions about my living situation and the path to next spring, when I expect to manage an income stream from bodywork.

Decision 1:  Get the master suite ready, in anticipation of the need to house-share.

Decision 2:  Rip up the carpets and stain the concrete - which should be complete by mid-July.

Decision 3:  Divest myself of the Ethan Allen furniture circa 1984 from a marriage that has been over for more than 22 years...

In anticipation of the major mess next week during the flooring re-do, and the need to empty rooms of furniture, books, and life's ephemera, I felt a major weight lift when I said to myself: "What if I DIDN'T need to hire someone to help me put all the heavy stuff back?  Why don't I just let it all go?"  Whoa.

Stuff.  It's just stuff.  (which Jay reminded me, last night)  I am moving forward to the next chapter, now, and I actually can't wait to have some breathing room for FOCUS.  I do crave the simplicity, and in the meantime, it is also what I HAVE to do.  (I accept that I need help financially, and that I must share my space with another.)

Goodbye stuff; you've been great to look at - and now I don't need you anymore.  Go forth and bring satisfaction to another!





1 comment:

  1. Pam, you crack me up at the same time as you amaze me. I love your focus. Bye, bye, stuff.
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete