Friday, August 5, 2011

Going back to NATURAL


So: I am now back to near-normalcy, living in the front half of my house, vs living in the whole house, previously.  Now, I won't lie; the cement floor grinding and staining process was hell.  However, I do like the results.

Moving my bedroom into the studio has been interesting.  The first few nights going to sleep looking at my design wall led to some really weird dreams - some which had absolutely nothing to do with quilt art. But, I digress...

I have reached the 25% mile marker with massage school, definitely a decision I have not regetted.  March 1st graduation will come quickly, and I am beginning to draft the business plan, and to contact potential art workshop venues to determine their interest in an on-site massage therapist.  One of our recent fabulous teachers is very schooled in alternative and natural body treatments,, and his first 4 hour class was really quite overwhelming!  With all of the of great information he presented,   I felt like I had come full circle, from when I went to nursing school in Vermont in the 70's (during my Mother Earth period), then spent 30+ years in public and private sector to make a living, and then, Whoa --->  2011, a SHARP left turn back to starting up a health and wellness business.  Hooray.  It feels like being back home...

Tonight I mixed a half-recipe of our instructor's natural lip balm (just Shea butter, olive oil, and lavender oil - yum).  Great stuff!!  Getting back to this focus on health and wellness has also given me the seeds of another idea for a sideline business venture.  (More on this soon!)  Meanwhile, I have got to get into the studio, and get back to sewing again.  It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment