Saturday, May 24, 2014

House of Music, Color, and Peace

It has been 3 weeks.   I have landed in Southwest Florida after a rather epic trip through a Panhandle storm, emptied a mobile home of some else's life stuff, and begun my own nesting.  I can now breathe.

As I look around me, I wonder if I am perhaps recreating my 1970's dorm room. (It was a time of trying to create peace in a cement box at UVM.)  Rag rug color on the floor. Music at hand. Everything I need to live in a rectangular space; a community of friends just outside the door.  It's the same here!  The difference?  I now have TWO rectangles - one is a fully functional studio (and guest room)!

Some before and after studio photos of the "art making" rectangle: 
yikes - two truckloads:  it all must GO!


cut, sew, print, play, GO!


So the music is on, coffee is made, moon and Venus are fabulous in the early morning sunrise, and a great blue heron just flew over my head. Every time I see one, I always tell myself that that's a good omen for the day.  (What is yours?)


No comments:

Post a Comment